Mr. Siasia was the Men’s National Team and the Olympic, Mens Under-23 National Team coach for the Nigerian National team, which he coached through qualification and to the Final of the Beijing 2008 Olympics in China. The Nigerian U23 team joined the Netherlands, Japan, and the United States in Group B. Previously, Mr. Siasia served as an assistant coach of Nigeria’s National Team, the Super Eagles. For 2004-2005, he was head coach for the Under 20 (U20) team, the Flying Eagles. This very fine, U20 squad earned great acclaim, playing in the Under-20 World Championship and winning the 2005 African Youth Championship, earning a point from their 0-0 draw with Brazil (2003 Champion), and securing a spot at the final match, on 2 July versus Argentina, at the latest FIFA World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005. National Team sppointments are granted by the Nigerian Football Association (NFA). Earlier in his coaching career, Samson coached boys teams, U12 Classic I and U17 Challenge A, to regional ranking and top state honors in the USA.
- Store, coming!
- Contact Page
- Pro Player
- Pro Soccer DevelopmentSM
- National Team
- Resume (CV)
- Youth Archive
- Final versus Argentina
- Group B
- NL-NGA 7 August 19:45
- NGA-JP 10 August 17:00
- NGA-USA 13 August 17:00
U20 Final Spot!
U20 Top 4!
U20 World Cup!
African U20 Champs!
- BBC Africa Football
- Kick Off Nigeria
Career of outstanding accomplishment:
SIASIA coaching success:
- Winner: 2005 African U-20 Youth Championship
- Runners-up: 2005 Fifa World Youth Championship
- Silver medal winner: 2008 Olympic Games
- Winner: 2015 African U-23 Nations Cup
- Bronze medal winner: 2016 Olympic Games
- 2016 Olympic Team (U23) Head Coach, Bronze Medal finish at the Olympic Games in Brazil
- 2010-2011 Undefeated Men’s National Team Coach for Nigeria
- 2008 Finalist in the Beijing Olympics (U23)
- U23’s won the inaugural Intercontinental Cup in Malaysia
- Qualified for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, won away versus Ghana and home versus South Africa
- Appointed the Nigerian Olympic Under-23 Coach
- 6-1 record as an assistant National Team coach and 3rd at Nations Cup
- Coached Nigeria to the “African U20 Youth Championship” Final
- Coached U20’s to the final of the “World Youth Championship”
- Coached youth team to state finals and national ranking
- Starter for national team ranked 5th on FIFA’s World Rankings
- “World Cup” starter for three games, scored against Argentina
- Selected as an 11-Year National Team member, from 1987 – 1998
- “Cup of Nations” (African Cup) winner 1994, runner-up 1993
- “Afro-Asian” Cup winner 1995
- “Champion of France” 1994-95 at “FC Nantes Atlantique”
- Record of long term success as a player and coach
1994: Great acclaim for player and team…
“…the Eagles left with their heads held high and a new prestige in the higher echelons of world football (soccer). Their next match pitted them against the mighty Diego Maradonna’s Argentina, but reputations meant little at Foxboro Stadium in Boston. The Nigerians went for the South American’s throats and Siasia put them ahead after only eight minutes…”
Undefeated as Men’s National Team Coach
Mr. Siasia served as head coach, when undefeated and gained a notable victory of 4-1 over nemesis, Argentina, that he faced in the Olympic and U20 World Championship finals.
2008: Olympic Final in Beijing, China
“…the offside trap organized by African coach Samson Siasia was working perfectly: Messi and Agüero could combine one-touch passes as much as they wanted, there was always one Nigerian defender glued to the Barcelona striker’s backside.”
2005: Great acclaim for coach and team…
“Though Argentina were deserved champions, they were made to suffer for their supper in a final against an inspired, organised and valiant Nigeria.
Siasia’s U20 side won a spot in the final versus Argentina in FIFA’s World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005. “We deserved to win today,” head coach Samson Siasia said after the match. “We played very well from the opening whistle and to be honest, I feel like I’m dreaming. A place in the final is a miraculous thing.”
Siasia’s U20 side enters the final 4 of the FIFA World Youth Championship. “This was our toughest game yet,” an overjoyed Samson Siasia said after the match. “The Dutch are a great team…
Siasia’s U20’s book a deserved spot in the last eight of the FIFA World Youth Championship. Nigeria sink Ukraine 1-0 with eight shots on goal to Ukraine’s one.
African champions Nigeria will meet Ukraine in Doetinchem in the FIFA World Youth Championship last sixteen thanks to a comprehensive 3-0 triumph over Switzerland in their final Group F fixture. Chinedu Ogbuke, John Obi Mikel and captain Promise Isaac found the target as the Nigerians dominated in every area of the field.
Samson Siasia coached Nigeria to win the African Youth Championship Benin 2005 after dominating from start to finish, and can start looking forward to their first FIFA World Youth Championship in six years.
The Nigeria Football Association has named Samson Siasia as the new coach of their under-20 side. By Oluwashina Okeleji BBC Sport, Lagos
Samson Siasia’s U-12 Finish In Top Four
Samson Siasia’s Under-12 boys Stars Orange A team finishes in the State’s top four – December 2, 2003. Samson coached these young men from 9 year old kids to elite footballers.
U-11 State Championship Finalists
The U-11 Boys Are Chevy Cup Finalists – May 10, 2003. The Under-11 (U11) boys Stars Orange team – one of the fastest rising youth teams in Georgia – won a finalist berth in the Chevy Cup, the State Championship Tournament. The final match pitted Stars Orange against the Cobb Chiefs (Cobb F.C.), ranked first in the state.
U-10 Boys Win State Championship
U-10 Boys Win State Championship – June 2002, Chevy Cup, led by head coach Samson Siasia. These young men gained individual skills and confidence to win four straight games to take the Chevy Cup.
Youth Team Success
U12 State Top 4
U11 State Finalist
U10 State B Champs!